National Kitchen & Bathroom Month is Here!
Guess what month it is? That’s right, it’s National Kitchen & Bathroom Month!
This special day was created by the National Kitchen and Bath Association in 1982, and ever since it’s marked the most popular time of year to renovate your bathroom or kitchen. With the kids at school and the temperatures beginning to drop, it’s no surprise that many homeowners are turning their attention inwards to their home.
Below is some basic information about National Kitchen & Bathroom Month, as well as some handy guides to designing the bathroom or kitchen of your dreams:
Showers vs. Tubs
If you’re renovating your bathroom, you’re likely trying to make the tough choice between installing a bathtub or a standing shower.
If you’re feeling stumped, just take a look at this list of pros and cons for each:
● Perfect for relaxing sore muscles
● Best for bathing young children
● Available in a wide selection of sizes and styles
● Special features including whirlpool versions, air jets, and more are available
● Uses a lot of water
● Difficult for people with injuries and the elderly to get in and out of
● Takes up a lot of space
● It’s time consuming to fill a tub to bathe
● Uses less water than bathtubs
● Grey cabinets rising in popularity (overtaking white as the most common color)
● Functionality is a priority, so expect to see hydraulic, easy-to-close doors surging in popularity
● Classic black and white color schemes
● Fresh, colorful hues for sinks (make a statement with your sink)
● Bold fixtures
What’s Trending Now in Bathroom Remodeling
Do you want to update your old bathroom to something eye-catching and modern this month? Then don’t miss these hot trends:
● Open shelves and cabinets
● Freestanding tubs and showers (assuming you have the space)